Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fruit of the Spirit: Peace

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” -Galatians 5-22-23 NIV Bible

Bible Study Café Devotions – for the week of July 20, 2009

Fruit of the Spirit for Wednesday, July 22, 2009: "Peace"

Today I will find peace in something that usually bothers me, but shouldn't.

I read an article in the Washington Post last week, where a couple found peace despite a deadly situation: Faith, and Friendliness, Helped in Hostage Crisis

The quote that stood out in the article for me was, "I said to myself, 'This is the end. This is it,' " Frances said yesterday. "But God was here. We felt His presence, and it gave us peace, and we were able to be calm."

Have a blessed day and may you find peace!

Steve Kendall