Thursday, March 20, 2008

Maundy Thursday (Maundy.com)/ Book: The Last Week

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd take the week off from blogging, but given that this is Holy Week-- as observed by Christians who observe the week leading up to the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ--I was compelled to use this week as a teachable moment and a witnessing opportunity. Churchyear.net has a nice breakdown of this week day by day.

I'm reading an interesting book called The Last Week: A Day-by-Day Account of Jesus's Final Week in Jerusalem by Marcus J. Borg and John Dominic Crossan.

Today, I want to discuss Maundy Thursday. Never heard of Maundy Thursday before, or don't quite remember what it is? Check out http://www.maundy.com as the site does a good job of providing both the definition and historical background of Maundy Thursday.

Be blessed by telling someone about Maundy Thursday!

Your Brother in Christ,

Steven Kendall