Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Romancing Your Spouse-Day 8: Prayer

Topic for Day 8: Prayer
"Love is patient..."
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (New International Version)

A Week of Patience:
We continue our week of patience with a focus on the first three words of 1 Corinthians 13:4-8,  
"Love is patient..." (New International Version)

This is the week we focus on being patient with our spouse. 

Question for Reflection:
How often do you pray for patience? 

Praying for Patience:
Patience is not always easy to exercise. Sometimes,
we think we can handle the smallest things in life
by ourselves. Let's be real. We can't do anything without
God's help. I thank God each morning I wake up as
I know I certainly had nothing to do with it.

To enlist God's help daily, we need to pray daily. I'm
making a greater effort to pray throughout the day, and
not just at night before going to bed, or some other designated
time.

Homework:
Patience can truly be exercised when we pray. 

Ask your spouse to pray with you today. If you haven't
prayed together before, now is a good time to get started.

It may seem awkward at first, but remember, you both are
having a conversation with God through prayer.

Pray together, not only privately, but in public situations, such as right before you start up your car. 

I really appreciate it when my wife takes time out to say a quick prayer before we drive off somewhere. I have a bad habit of not praying enough, especially before
beginning a task. I'm thankful God gave me a wonderful wife who sets a great example of patience and prayer.

Make prayer with your spouse a habit in your household--henceforth, if it isn't already.
----------

Have a blessed, prayer filled day, everybody! : )
            --Steve Kendall