Thursday, November 10, 2011

Romancing Your Spouse-Day 9: Servanthood

Topic for Day 9: Servanthood

"Love is patient..."
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (New International Version)

A Week of Patience:
We continue our week of patience with a focus on the first 
three words of 1 Corinthians 13:4-8,  
"Love is patient..." (New International Version)

This is the week we focus on being patient with our spouse. 

Question for Reflection:
How can I be of service to my spouse everyday--
especially with tasks I don't wanna do? 

The Patience to Serve:
Patience can often involve doing something we know
we CAN do, but DON'T feel like doing.

This may be the case with your spouse. 

Homework:
Find something you can do for your spouse to 
lighten their load today. 
I like to do things for my wife without her 
noticing so that I don't have to take credit
for it. 

Word of advice from someone who learned an
expensive lesson once--pick something that you
can't mess up.

As for my lesson in servanthood gone wrong, let's
just say that the movie version would have been
called, "Honey, I Shrank A Buncha Your Delicate
Clothes."  : )

----------
Have a blessed, service filled day, everybody! : )
            --Steve Kendall